Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Overwhelming Kindness

Have you ever been overwhelmed by the kindness of a friend, or even a stranger? I am in the process of developing my speaking ministry (website, marketing materials, etc.) and a dear friend of mine has been helping me. She is an amazing graphic artist and all around creative gal.

Last night she emailed me to preview my website and told me that she believed in what I was doing in the name of God and it was her donation to my ministry.

I was speechless! First of all, the website turned out just beautiful and secondly, how can someone open their heart to me that way? It's just almost too much to bear.

Sometimes we are so busy giving (being a mom, wife, friend....) that when someone opens their heart up to us it's just overwhelming.

Stepping out in faith is scary, but when you know it is where God is leading you, it is truly an adventure. My friends are God's angels here on earth. I don't know what I would do without them.

Have you reached out to someone lately with extraordinary kindness?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. orange juice
2. stepping out in faith
3. a great dental check up for my boys
4. the election being over!
5. going to breakfast with my hubby

1 comments:

Amy L Brooke said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Not sure by way of who you stumbled upon it, but I appreciate it. Good thoughts about 40.

Your blog does look lovely. And it is a great challenge -- to bless someone with extraordinary kindness.

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative