Friday, March 06, 2009

Faith Friday's



Faith is...rejecting the feeling of panic when things seem out of control – His control. Pamela Reeve

I like to be in control. I'm not a big fan of surprises (the occasional one is okay). I like to know what is coming along next. When you live the life of a pastor's wife, that is not the case during this time of year.

In the Methodist Church, pastors move according to the Appointment System. This is the time of year a pastor will know if they are staying at their current church or if they will be moving at the beginning of June.

We are currently up to have a possible appointment this summer. Did you hear me say "possible?" My husband is still in school and at the point where he can get an appointment. We just don't know yet.

Also, my job has alot of uncertainty and there are so many things that have changed and I have no control over them. I can get upset and frustrated, but that is all I can do.

Where is my faith in all of this? Yesterday, it was practically nonexistent. I am praying today will be a better day and that I can see the promises God has put in front for me. I presently have a good job and need to be thankful for the freedom is allows me, and regardless of whether we move or not, we have a great place to live and my husband has a job.

Some days are easier than others to practice our faith. We need to strive and practice it all of the time. Surrender to Him each and every day. He hasn't let us down yet, so why would He start now?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. wet hair
2. cold mornings
3. spreadsheets
4. support groups
5. yellow buses

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that is how it worked in the Methodist church. That is the church of our choice but all the ones near us have really bad leaders. I can now look forward to June knowing that maybe some of them will be moved around and we'll get some really awesome people at our local Methodist churches.

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative