Wednesday, March 04, 2009

What to Do Next

Have you ever gone in a direction (answered God's call to do something) and wondered if you did the right thing? I have answered God's call in my speaking ministry, but things are not moving ahead. Have I done the right thing? What is next?

There is something very important I need to remember:

"It's not what God wants me to do, but what is God up to and how can I be involved?"

It' also about timing. My time and God's are not the same. Just because I want something to move forward and I think I'm ready for the next step doesn't mean God agrees. I have to slow down and listen to Him.

I think I move too fast sometimes. Maybe God wants me to slow it down and reflect on what is happening in my life.

I want to be involved in what God is doing in my life, I just need to slow down and listen.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. emory boards
2. smelly dogs
3. stuffed animals
4. index cards
5. new books

1 comments:

LucyS said...

I found your blog as I was doing a Google search for "what God wants me to do." I am currently looking for God's will in regards to career plans. You have an inspiring blog. I will be back.

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative