Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ruby

I used to have the "typical" relationship with my mother-in-law, Ruby. We couldn't be in the same room together! At that time my mother would always fuss at me and tell me, "She is going to be around longer than me so you better be nice!"

Well, my mom was right. She went home to the Lord five weeks after my oldest was born. He's now twelve. I miss her. But I heeded her advice and began to mend the relationship I had with Ruby so many years ago.

I don't know what I would do without Ruby. She is an amazing Granny to my boys (my three year old calls her "Gee") and just a great mom to me and my husband.

With my parents both being gone and my sister out of my life, she is all I have in the way of family. Her entire side of the family has taken me in, not as "Joe's wife" but as their niece, couisin, and daughter. Ruby is the oldest of nine brothers and sisters, so it is a large family. In a large family there is always "junk" but they have never allowed the "junk" to get in the way of loving each other.

I've learned alot from my extended family. They have never left me all alone. Love is the most important thing of all.

"Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies." Psalm 36:5

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Ruby coming in for a visit
2. worn out slippers
3. flash drives
4. courage
5. an old necklace

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative