Monday, March 09, 2009

The Lord Provides

Do you ever think you aren't good enough? Or that you don't deserve God's best?

This past week I dealt with some issues that stemmed from my work and they sent me in a tailspin. It was not pretty. I was so upset and out of sorts that I did not take my "cocktail of meds" for my depression for several days. It's not that I didn't want to take them, it's that I felt I didn't deserve to feel good or function well. (I know, it makes no sense.)

I was so doubtful during my little meltdown. I doubted that everything would work out...most of all I doubted that God would take care of me and my family. I feel terrible about having gone there.

I am reading Praying the Names of God, by Ann Spangler, and one of my favorite names is Yahweh Yireh, The Lord Will Provide. Yahweh Yireh, is the God who sees the situation beforehand and is able to provide your needs. I find comfort in this name. The Lord Will Provide.

He has so far, and He is not going to stop now. We cannot second guess what He is up to in our lives, but how are we going to be involved in what He is doing? That is the question we should be asking ourselves.

"What is God up to and how can I be involved?"


Today I Am Thankful For:

1. hiking
2. calendars
3. The Doug Hallock Band
4. highlighters
5. dust

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative