Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Noise

I thought I would get a little writing done last night but there was something just too wonderful going on around me.

It was the noise in my house.

My husband and I rushed home from a meeting a church to get dinner on the table. After dinner it seemed as if the noise in my home was at an all time high.

My oldest practicing his oboe, my husband on the phone, and my little one racing around the living room with the dogs barking and the washer and dryer were churning. It was absolutely beautiful. I stepped away from the computer and felt a warmth consume me.

How blessed am I? More than I ever dreamed. I know there are many people who would do anything in the world to have what I have. Two beautiful children, an amazing husband and two high maintenance Shelties!

So many times we get caught up in trying to do the things we are supposed to do. Keeping up with the laundry, cooking dinner, doing schoolwork, and we get overwhelmed and develop tunnel vision.

Stop and listen. Look at what you have. Aren't you fortunate to have clothes to wash? What about food to cook and schoolwork to finish? Find the blessings around you. Even in the mundane. Make everything special.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Netflix
2. barking dogs
3. peace
4. scotch tape
5. finger paintings

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative