Friday, March 13, 2009

Faith Friday's



I will admit that I have been walking in a cloud of fear for several days. The fear stemmed from uncertainty about my job. It's absolutely nothing I can control. Does that sound familiar?

Have you walked in fear because you had no control over a situation?

The result is that I had three really bad days. Days I wasn't good to myself or my family. I finally got out of it by relying on my faith in God. (Something I should have been doing all along.) I was weak and the enemy knows where my weaknesses are so he goes right on in and takes advanatage. Unfortuantely, I went right along with him.

"Fear is the flip side of faith."

I have been living in fear of the unknown and you know what? It's exhausting. It also robs you of joy.

The end result, I found out great news concerning my job and was told the team I work on was safe from layoffs! Praise God!

So often we get caught up in the issues of the world. What we need to remember is that God is in control of our lives. Down to every last detail. We need to have faith in Him that everything will turn out for His glory.

When your faith starts to waver ask yourself if your relationship with God is active. Are you talking and praying to Him everyday or just when things are not going well? Move your relationship with Him to another level by keeping in constant contact with Him.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. packages in the mail
2. bookmarks
3. potty training
4. briefcases
5. laundry baskets

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative