Friday, March 20, 2009

Faith Friday's



It's been a really difficult week at our church. We have had several people go into the hospital, one on life support. She was at my house for a party over the holiday's, full of life and energy, and now she is fighting for her life. I also think about the actress Natasha Richardson and her tragic death this past week. She was beautiful, young and had the world in front of her, but it was her time to go home to the Lord.

Maybe it's my age, but I think about going home to the Lord quite a bit. What are the things I haven't done yet that I need to do? Will I be prepared or will it happen suddenly? What relationships have I not yet mended...will those involved reciprocate?

I realize I have to have faith in Christ where all of this is concerned. I have to give up all my worries about death to Him, because I have faith in Him that all things happen according to His plan.

Remember fear and worry are the flip side of faith.

"According to your faith will it be done to you." Matthew 9:29

I have a tremendous faith in God. Faith that the next right thing will happen in His time.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. breakfast with friends
2. 2nd place in the essay contest (my son)
3. homecooked meals
4. toy cars
5. God's provision - all the time

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative