Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Early Morning

For the past couple of months things have been going extremely well for me. I just realized what the difference has been...my morning quiet/devotional time.

I get up around 5:15, get dressed (makeup and all), let the dogs out, then I read a chapter from Praying the Names of God, followed by my One Year Bible reading (I'm on January 17th :), then I blog/write until 7 am when it's time to get the kids moving.

I love this time to myself. The house is quiet and I feel like I can breathe before the day gets started.

I think routine is important. And most important is taking care of ourselves. Giving myself time in the morning is a gift. I am putting myself first before the other million and one requests that come at me starting at 7 am!

Maybe you are not a morning person and the thought of getting up before 7 is just not appealing. What about midday or right before bed? Do you have a time that you seal off just for yourself on a regular basis? Try it. Bring some focus to your day. What works for you?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. bike riding
2. rolls of stamps
3. tray tables
4. three hole punches
5. days off

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative