Monday, April 27, 2009

An Original

My husband and I actually went on a date to the movies yesterday, without the kids. I highly recommend The Soloist. It is a fantastic movie about the transformation of a man (and the music is outstanding)!

We had some extra time so we walked through the mall . I was surrouned by hundreds of people and noticed that the quiet was deafening. I didn't have my children with me and I admit I was a little lost. Is that crazy or what?!

We get so attached to our family that when we are alone we can struggle to know who we are. Has that ever happened to you?

We have to be careful and not let being "a mom, daughter, sister, aunt, grandmother, etc." define us.

The ultimate truth is that we are children of God! God doesn't make mistakes...You are an original.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. a new attitude
2. my bluetooth
3. new bible study
4. Nilla wafers
5. chipped fingernails

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative