Monday, April 13, 2009

My Best Friend

"Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?" Corrie ten Boom

Do you find yourself becoming complacent? You know, just going on with the routine of daily living? If things are going well do you tend to not pray, or not have your devotional time? Maybe you just put it off and will spend time with the Lord "later in the day", and you never do. Life happens and you get busy.

I think we all tend to get caught up in life.

The busyness.

The schedules.

The expectations.

The potty training.......

I challenge you, as you are being busy to remember the One who died for you. The One who knew your inmost being before you were in your mother's womb. The One who loves you regardless of the crazy mistakes you make and regardless of the less than holy thoughts that run through your mind.

Prayer is our direct line to God. It is the way we develop our relationship with Him. For so many years I thought there was a certain way I was supposed to pray.

Only kneeling.

Say the "Our Father" first.

Hands together, not folded, etc. etc.

That's sooo not it! When I realized God just wanted communication with us and I that I could talk to him like a best friend, I never looked back! If I'm driving in the car, I talk to Him as if He was sitting next to me. If I'm cooking dinner, I talk to Him. You get the picture? God is my best friend!

He knows everything about me. I can't hide anything from Him. He knows the thoughts running through my head and the desires of my heart.

I have to spend time with Him everyday. He's with me always.

Do you spend time with Him daily?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. great recovery from carpal tunnel surgery
2. legal pads
3. silly string
4. plastic eggs
5. chocolate

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative