Friday, April 24, 2009

Not now



Faith is...

confidence that God is acting for my highest good when He answers ‘NO’ to my prayers. Pamela Reeve

Not just No, but Not Now.

I have recently come to the realization that there are several things in my life that God has said "not now" to.

It's so frustrating! For example, I really want to go to She Speaks this year, but the budget just doesn't allow for it. I know God is telling me to wait, that another year will be the year I "need" to go. But I sure want to go now.

Have you ever had God tell you not now?

When God has you wait for the right moment, maybe it is to go to a conference, the words spoken then will bless your heart in a way that you are not ready to hear right now. I truly believe that.

As good as something looks right now, it will be even better when all the circumstances allow for you to take part in the event or the decision.

God's timing is perfect.

I think we caught up, just as much as our children, in this day and age of instant gratification. The remote control, the video games, cell phones, laptops......the list goes on.

Stop, take a breath, and think about what it is that God is asking you to do in your daily life. It may not be a difficult as making a big financial decision, but it may be a decision which helps to shape not just your life, but the lives of those around you.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. No more stitches!
2. Shaped with Purpose
3. fax machines
4. good deeds
5. Hobby Lobby

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative