Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rusty

We received some tragic news yesterday. Our former pastor (Joe was his music director), Rusty, was preparing for Easter services on Sunday morning, getting wired for sound, when he dropped dead. At age 53 he dropped dead, in church, on Easter morning. Some of the youth were there trying to administer CPR. God be with those children.

I am stunned. The wind was knocked out of both me and my husband. How could Rusty be dead? He was only 53.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, each and every day we get is one more than we deserve. It can all be over in a flash. We can go home to see the Lord at any time.

As I am in my fortieth year, I've been thinking alot about mortality and this event just put it into high speed for me.

What business do you have undone? What if you went home to the Lord right now?

I have been on a mission to get our financial binder in order. Account numbers, addresses, where to find everything just in case. I need to know where everything is and I have been guilty of putting my head in the sand where finances are concerned.

I have made a commitment to be actively involved in the financial matters of my home. To many of you that may sound crazy because you already are financially aware of everything. That's great! But for those of you who aren't, it's not too late.

If I go home to the Lord soon there are several things I want to have in order for my family. My will, wishes as I am on my deathbed with machines keeping me alive, and letters written to the ones I love.

Have you written letters to the special people in your life for after you have left this world?

My mother left me a letter. It was in her Bible and right after she passed away, her best friend knew where it was and she gave it to me. I treasure that letter. I see it often as it is in my Bible.

If you have not considered leaving some written words behind for your loved ones, I encourage you to do so. It will serve as a treasured memory, a piece of your heart for them to always have.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. band-aids
2. bookmarks
3. Dave Ramsey
4. My Daily Docket
5. notebooks

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative