Monday, June 29, 2009

The Corners

I spent the morning cleaning house. My company had just left, and I needed to get things freshened up for the week.

My least favorite part of cleaning house, is cleaning floors. Yuck! Give me a toilet, or a stove no problem, but the floors? I just hate doing them.

I try the fastest approach...the Swiffer. I love my Swiffer simply because it is fast and no fuss. But, it doesn't do a fabulous job. The dirt gets pushed to the corners and after awhile, builds up.

I decided the floors needed extra attention, so I dragged the mop and bucket out. It does a better job than the Swiffer, but still, there is dirt in the corners.

What is the best way to clean a floor? On your hands and knees.

I equate it to studying God's word.

Its easy to find a great verse and say, "Oh, that is nice, it really speaks to me and fits my situation right now." You even go to the lengths of writing it on a card and memorizing it, but do you truly know what it means.

Do you let the scripture sink into you? Do you sit and marinate yourself with the word and let it transform you? Are you on your hands and knees?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. a new blouse
2. new slippers
3. the swimming pool
4. fresh sheets
5. bathroom floors

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative