Monday, June 01, 2009

The Gospel According to...

I've joined a new Sunday School class at church. Bible 101. It's great because we break everything down and our teacher (my hubby) gives us some great back ground information (seminary is paying off).

See, I don't have the Sunday School background that many people have. I never went to Sunday School classes. It all came to me late in life, so all of the basics I can put my hands around I truly soak up.

We were talking about why certain books of the Bible were included and others not (i.e. the Apocrypha). Why are Matthew, Mark, Luke and John the only Gospels included in the canon of the New Testament?

This is interesting stuff.

Why don't we write our own Gospel? Gospel means "Good News." Aren't we all living out our own Gospel story?

I found this to be an interesting thought that was brought up this morning. We all have a story. We all have a story of how Christ has changed our life. We all have incidents where the Holy Spirit has moved and directed us in ways we never dreamed. Why not write them down? Why not share our Gospel story with our future generations?

I challenge you to write your story. No one else can write it with the passion and truth that you can.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Going to "lunch with the ladies"

2. phone appointments

3. eyeglass cases

4. angels

5. pinecones

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative