Friday, June 26, 2009

He Never Leaves

One of my biggest fears came to pass yesterday. My vehicle died in rush hour traffic. Thankfully, one of the Courtesy Wreckers in Albuquerque (big yellow trucks that run around during rush hour) immediately pulled in behind me.



I turned the car off, restarted, and it was as if nothing was wrong. I called my husband (in Denver, like he could come rescue me....) and he was my GPS. He directed me to a local garage and the verdict...bad gas. Bad gas! I still had to drive the 3 1/2 hours home!



I managed to get to the scrapbook store and then my business dinner and hit the road at 8 pm. I've never driven as intently (and at the top of the speed limit) as I did last night.



You know what I learned last night? God never leaves me alone. He sent the wrecker to me, my husband was able to direct me to a garage open till 5:30 and not 5:00, and He stayed with me throughout my drive through rain and darkness all the way home, while my cell phone was in the red.





"Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5



Today I Am Thankful For:


1. great conversation
2. nice restaurants
3. grapefruit
4. fuel treatment
5. Chevron

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative