Monday, June 15, 2009

Passion

As I am trying to find my direction in life, I have been asking myself, "What is my passion?" When you are so busy with daily life, sometimes it is hard to remember what you are passionate about.

I am passionate about speaking and preaching. I recently shared a message with our congregation and I felt so empowered by the words that God gave me that day.

I am passionate about scrapbooking. I love to create books which share the stories of my family. That they will always have those memories after I am long gone is a joy I cannot begin to express. I want them to remember our lives together.

I am passionate about music. There is nothing like sitting in an orchestra/band and playing music. I have lost this quite a bit since I've moved to a small town, but am dedicating myself to preparing a piece on the oboe/English horn to play at church at least once a month.

I know I have more passion in me, but these are my top three. What are yours? What are you passionate about?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. freshly, sharpened pencils
2. my old desklamp
3. friends who help out at the last minute
4. index cards
5. colored papers

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative