Monday, June 22, 2009

A Great (Exhausting) Weekend

What a weekend!

We threw a birthday party for my teenager to be (June 23rd) at the local gaming place. It's a place where they have flat screen tv's and game systems. We were there for SIX HOURS! Lance and his friends had a fantastic time!




Oh, but the day was not over yet. Our church held a Performing Arts Camp and the kids presented the musical HONK! What a precious retelling of the Ugly Duckling story. My Lance was "Ugly" and my husband was "The Cat!" It was wonderful!





And to top off our crazy busy weekend, we have relatives in for the week and my husband left for Denver (seminary) for the week.

Am I blessed, or what?!

I thank God for the people in my life. For my sons and their hemophilia, my husband and him following God's call on his life, for a family that has taken me in and always made me feel as their own.

It doesn't get much better.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. family
2. talent
3. half popped popcorn kernels (the best part!)
4. ice chests that leak
5. selfless gestures by sweet people

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative