Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Contentment

A full pantry and freezer.

Gas in the car.

Money in savings.

Children laughing.

A full belly after a homecooked meal.

A comfortable bed.

Watching birds at the birdfeeder.

A happy spouse.

Reading a good book.

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:11-13 (NIV)



What gives you a sense of contentment? Leave a comment!

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. My husband's last day of seminary
2. Christian starting Pre-K in August
3. lunch dates
4. long distance girlfriends
5. new glasses

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative