Friday, May 07, 2010

The Simple Things

I am working from my home office today, all the doors are open, I hear the birds singing and eating from the birdfeeder, there is not a cloud in the sky, the breeze is making its way through the house, I have my computer on Pandora.com on the Baroque station, glass of iced tea and working on my email.

What freedom!

It's the little things in life that make such a difference. Finding a sippy cup under the table tells me a little boy filled his tummy with milk, a spiral notebook with a pencil tells me my other son was drawing and expressing his creativity. The pile of books on my dining room table reminds me that in three weeks my husband will graduate with his Master of Divinity degree!

I love the things that surround me.

What surrounds you that brings you joy?

The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. rose buds
2. birdfeeders
3. a light breeze
4. band concerts
5. shadows

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative