Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Out of the Box...continued

It's not just camp that is making me step "out of the box", but grad school is doing the same. I will be taking a class this summer that requires me to be in residence at Iliff in Denver for about a week.

A week on my own at school.

Another week away from my family.

A week of studying and continuing to work.

Can I do it? I've put it out there so there's no going back.

Someone said that if you don't put things "out there" and force yourself to stretch, you will never experience all that life has to offer you. Makes sense I think. I mean, let's face it, we're not getting younger. And I often think about my mom, who started getting sick at my age.

We only have one life to live and I think God wants us to cherish our time in this world and do all we are meant to do...not to be scared of trying something new.

I don't want another season to go by knowing that I could have done something differently and having let my fears get in my way.

What are you being called to do? What is holding you back?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. swamp coolers
2. puzzles
3. nail clippers
4. Kool Aid singles
5. roses

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative