Monday, May 31, 2010

Presents

My mother-in-law, Ruby, is a gem.

We haven't seen her in several months due to the fact that she had knee surgery. She comes at least every six weeks for a visit. She can't stand to not see her grandsons :)

We saw her this weekend as she was coming through on her way to Colorado and she had a big bag for each of us. Bags filled with surprises! The only thing important to me is that she loves, adores and spoils my sons, but she goes the extra mile and spoils me and my husband too!

I had a big bag with a new leopard purse (you can never have too many leopard purses) some new sandals and a Longhorns t-shirt.

It made me feel so special.

When you do the giving for your family, because it's what a mom does, and someone surprises you and thinks enough about you to surprise you, it means the world. Especially when your parents are no longer here.

At one point in our lives Ruby and I could not be in the same room together. It was the stereotypical mother-in-law/daughter-in-law relationship.

My mother would get so angry with me and would tell me, "She is going to be around longer than me! You need to be nice!"

I know my mother is thrilled that Ruby and I have mended our ways and have such a good relationship. I am too.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. spontaneous trips to the lake
2. suitcase surprises
3. fresh broccoli
4. jugs of water
5. sunburns

1 comments:

Flo said...

can't agree on sunburns being a good thing..owie!! My skin is wrinkled from sauting myself in baby oil, laying on a lounge chair with the fan blowing on me from patio doorway. Had some glorious tans/burns...but now payin for it. Of course being 67 doesn't help..haha. Have a good one!

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative