Monday, May 24, 2010

Timing

In less than a week I will have a high school freshman!



It absolutely blows my mind. I have friends my age that are already grandparents and my Christian is four!



Isn't it funny how God works in our lives?

I couldn't have imagined having Lance when I was right out of high school. I also couldn't have imagined having my Christian any earlier than I did. They were both at the right time.

It's all God's timing. He knows what is best for us.

Looking back on I can see God's hand in my life. Even in the sad times. If things would not have unfolded the way they have, I may not be in the place that I am in right now.

Losing my mother when I was a new mom, hemophilia both times, chemo, losing a close family relationship...all of these things have made me stronger and have strengthened my faith. I wouldn't change a thing about how things have happened.

When Lance was about four, I so badly wanted another child. We tried and tried and even had medical intervention. Nothing worked. But God was wanting us to wait. To wait for the time He ordained for Christian to be in our lives. I don't know what is in store for my boys, but I know it is going to be big:)

Have you wanted something so badly that you questioned God....you asked Him "Why not now?" And then later, seen why it wasn't the right time?


Today I Am Thankful For:

1. wind
2. water hoses
3. a clean car
4. bringing surprises to friends
5. dog breath

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative