Sunday, May 09, 2010

My Mama

Mama always had a bank envelope in her purse...always with a $20 bill for whoever needed it.

If she didn't have a bit of makeup on, she grabbed the lipstick and took off!

When you were hungry you could always count on a great pork chop and tortilla.

You could always hear her slippers when she walked through the house.

We could laugh at absolutely nothing...and she wouldn't make a sound!

My nephews would always find a surprise in her purse.

You could always count on her a Daddy having breakfast on Sunday's at Champs', with a couple of empty chairs waiting to be filled.

Every night you could bet she would be on the phone with her best friend, just to check in, even though they worked together all day.

When I was getting big and pregnant, and running out of things to wear, she would magically show up with a new outfit for me...and the baby.

She loved my husband like her own son, adored my son for his first five weeks of life, and I miss holding her hand.

I can still feel her touch.

I love you, Mama, and I miss you.

Happy Mother's Day.

1 comments:

Flo said...

lovely thoughts of your mother!! I wonder what my kids think of when (if) they think of me..hope it's those sweet little things like the sound of my slippers!!! I hope you are following me..I'm so dumb at this I can't tell..haha!!!

http://yakkinwithflo.blogspot.com/

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative