Friday, May 28, 2010

He's Finished!



Three years ago, our family began a journey...seminary. But the kicker was that my husband had to travel to Denver once a week to get his degree. We live two hours from the airport, so traveling takes a big commitment. Especially once a week.

My husband has been called to ministry for as long as I've known him, it was just finally the right "time" for him to answer the Lord's call on his heart.

Tonight is the first night in three years that my dining room table is clear of books and a laptop.

No clicking of keys on the keyboard, except for my writing.

No airline to ticket to Denver, waiting.

And my husband has his graduation ring on :)

I adore him and admire him for the work he has done.



I've never seen someone commit so completely to what the Lord has asked of anyone.

Next Friday he will officially become a commissioned elder in the Methodist Church.

I just am blown away at how good God is.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. safe journies
2. rings
3. Burt's Bees Lotion
4. ironed clothes
5. Wii Fit

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative