Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fear, Doubt, Anxiety and Worry


Ugh!  Aren't these four of the absolute worst things?

Fear can lock us into a place where we can become paralyzed.

"But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.  For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you."  Isaiah 43:1-3 (NIV)
 
Fear of the unknown is a big hurdle for me.  "Will I be able to do everything I need to be successful?  What is I start a project and fall flat on my face?  What if no one shows up to my study?"

Doubt can lead a person to not believe in their abilities.

“Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done."  Mathew 21:21 (NIV)

As for doubt, that is a big enemy that creeps into my heart on a daily basis.  "Cazandra you are not good enough.  Cazandra you don't have the skills you need for this job.  Cazandra your ministry is not as important as others."  Ooh, it goes on and on and listening to the truth is sometimes hard.

Anxiety can affect an individual to the point where they cannot function.

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?"  Matthew 6:25-27 (NIV)

I struggle with anxiety and there are times I feel as if my heart is going to come out of my body!  It is a scary feeling, but I find that when I breathe and pray and try to focus on the truth that I am able to combat my anxiety.

Worry can eat your life up by putting your energies into something that may or may not transpire.

 "Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."  1 Peter 5:7  (NIV)
 
I used to be an extreme worrier.  But over the years I have let go and let God come into my life. 

Beloved, we have to let God take over our hearts completely.  Yes, completely.  Not just when times are good but when time times are especially rough.  In all things we should be giving thanks for what God has put in our path.

With God, all things are possible.

Today I Am Thankful For:

  1. Ice cream
  2. Card games
  3. Vacation photos
  4. Cucumber water
  5. New friends


post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative